In accordance with Law 4146/2013, 4251/2014 and 4605/2019 of the Greek state, a residence permit of 5 years in Greece (European Union) is provided and it is issued to citizens of third countries.

The Golden Visa provides you with permanent residence in Greece without time restrictions and free entry to Schengen zone countries with the Greek “Golden” Visa.

Α. Requirements for a Greek “Golden” residence permit

To qualify for a Greek “Golden” residence permit, you must make a minimum investment in Greece in one of the following:

i. Investment in real estate

  • Minimum of € 250.000 for the purchase of a property in Greece
  • Minimum of €500,000 for the purchase of property in the municipalities of Athens, Thessaloniki, Mykonos and Santorini after May 1st, 2023.
  • 10 years lease contract, whether signed for hotel accommodation or for furnished tourist residences in integrated tourist resorts.

Investors in areas with a threshold of €500,000 will only be able to invest in one property, while those in areas with a threshold of €250,000 will still be able to invest in multiple properties.

ii. Other Investment Options

  • €250,000 for specific types of investments, such as renewable energy sources.
  • Investing at least €400,000 in:
  1. Bonds of the Greek Government,
  2. Bonds or shares of real estate investment companies in Greece.
  3. Shares and bonds of venture funds and private equity funds domiciled in Greece

B. Whatever investment you choose to make, your PROFIT is:

  • 5-year residence permit in Greece, renewable every 5 years, as long as you maintain your investment.
  • free movement within the Schengen zone for 90 days every 6 months
  • residence permit for all your family members (spouse, underage children and parents)
  • access to the Greek education
  • Greek passport after 7 years, under certain conditions the Greek investor current residence permit scheme, does not give you the right to work in Greece.

However, you can earn income from your investment, for example by renting your property. If you obtained your “Golden” Residence Permit by investing in time deposits, shares or bonds, you may also qualify as a tax resident with foreign income.


Start typing and press Enter to search

This will close in 0 seconds

This will close in 0 seconds

This will close in 0 seconds

This will close in 0 seconds

This will close in 0 seconds

This will close in 0 seconds